Sunday, June 7, 2009

Entourage: My Three Fair Ladies

-
Dear Online Diary,

Looking for people who will be on our entourage is just like casting the actors and actresses for a certain movie. They got to have what it takes to do their part with justice and perfection.

Our wedding may not be until next year yet we want to complete our entourage as early as possible. We want to make sure that they are not only perfect for their roles, but they are going to be comfortable come our wedding day.

Choosing the female secondary sponsors is quite a challenging job because h2b has a lot of female cousins. It’s a good thing that we agreed that I’ll be choosing the ladies and he’ll choose the guys, but the final entourage list will be subjected to each other’s approval. Fair enough.

In choosing the right people, we have to understand the roles of a secondary sponsor for candle, cord and veil. I think they have one of the most important roles in a wedding ceremony.

The Veil Sponsors are those who will place a white veil over the shoulders of the groom and on top of the bride's head to symbolize their union and being "clothed as one" in unity. The Couple's Veil (white) has come to be a symbol of purity. Its original meaning was the symbol of the presence of the Lord, as the cloud was a symbol of His presence.

The Cord Sponsors are those who will lay a knotted cord over the couple's shoulder. The Cord is a symbol of the couple's bond; that indeed they are no longer two but one in their new life as a couple.

The Candle Sponsors are those who will light the candles on the altar. The candles symbolize the Light of Christ, the same light they received at Baptism and now receive again to lead them in their new life as a couple.

Having known the importance of their roles in the ceremony, we have chosen the ladies for our secondary sponsors. Some thinks they have to be the couples closest to the wedding party but hey, they don’t need to be married. We want people who’ve been a part of our lives to be there, one way or another.

Our female cord sponsor is no other than my only sister, Eyka Paula (talk about closeness). My mother volunteered her to be my MoH but I was set to get Tita Ehlsa for the role, which she gladly agreed. Eyka agreed to be one of the female secondary sponsors but she made me swear not to assign her to light a candle for a good reason. Hehe. H2b and I both think she’ll be perfect for the part especially that she’ll be more lady-like next year.

Our female veil sponsor is my good friend Lory Mae. Mare is our term of “endearment”. She’s my co-worker in my previous company. We share the same characters – sweet, charismatic, and hard-worker yet hopeless romantic. Although we’ve been apart for more than a year now, we managed to keep our communication line open. If you knew how soul mates work for girls, that’s exactly what we are. As my soul mate, she’s got to be there.

Our female candle sponsor is my favorite cousin, Marjie. She’s a good person, inside and out. I used to spend summer vacation with her family when I was a child. Hay, I miss those days when we’re carefree. I’ll be forever thankful to her family because they treated me as their own. Owing to our childhood experiences and a whole lot more, no one else is worthy to light our path better than she is.

I'm still waiting for h2b's list of male secondary sponsors so watch out for it. The good news is that I got the approval of these fair ladies. Yey! They will be walking on the same aisle as I will be. Now we know how movie directors feel when they have found the right people -- Satisfaction. =D



X.O.X.O.,
Myspace Glowing text

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails