Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trial Make-up: Paul & Joe

-
Dear Online Diary,

It’s sharing time once again. I had my third trial make-up session with Ms. Cathy, one of the make-up artists of Paul & Joe, during the Crowne Plaza Bridal Show. You’ve read how H2B and I enjoyed the event – what with the overflowing cocktail drinks and food as well as the stress-free transactions from the exhibitors.


Paul & Joe has a great line of organic make-up and impressive list of patrons such as Lucy Torres, Heart Evangelista and Sam Milby to name a few. These personalities aren’t their endorsers but they are frequent consumers of their products.

Ms. Cathy was bubbly and she’s a joy to work with. She’s from Las Pinas, which is our common denominator. She shared that she’s just started in the business and she’ll do her friend’s make-up and styling on her wedding, where in, she’s also a bridesmaid.

What about the make-up and her work?

Hmm... I'll answer that later. First, let's take a look at their set-up.

{Paul & Joe booth = Mall set-up}

{They do not have a make-up box}

Well… I can’t say anything about it beside that we didn’t like it. I can’t remember if I asked her that I like my make-up to be natural and if she can redefine my eyes because I like it to popped.

During the session, it so happened that an exhibitor was scheduled to present on the stage. It’s understandable that they need to dim the lights. Paul & Joe didn’t bring their own make-up light and equipment. That may be one of the reasons why, for us, it’s a bit tragic. Sorry but it’s just too thick and I never liked a red cheek. To make my point, here's the after trial shot:

{This is me with Ms. Cathy of Paul & Joe}

It's a good thing that the trial was free. I would have not paid for it because I was not satisfied with the result. Imagine my horror when I saw my face on a quick trip to the loo. A few dab of tissues fixed the problem (Well, yeah. Maybe more than what's needed actually).

Nevertheless, I still believe that Ms. Cathy has a bright future in this industry. Some of the best HMUAs took 5-7 years of training before they were recognized. So for you, Ms. Cathy, don’t dwell with what you know right now and continue to learn. Good luck!



X.O.X.O.,
Myspace Glowing text

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails