Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Designer: Marc Rancy

Dear Online Diary,

Most of my readers knew that I had a change of heart. Turns out, it’s a blessing in disguise -- a blessing by the name of Marc Rancy.

Marc showed interest in fashion at an early age. He’d constantly flip through fashion magazine and went as far as designing the suit that he wore during their school’s Graduation Ball. While reading his story, I’d like to think that he’s destined to become a fashion designer.

{Marc Rancy's elegant gown collection (photo taken from Marc's Facebook Page)}

Marc has this to say: “As a designer, my utmost goal is not to create a piece of clothing that people would notice but a piece of clothing that would put on a pedestal the person wearing it. At the end of the day, it is not the dress that should be noticed but the person wearing it. I feel that I have done my job as a designer having achieved that. I want to be able to make my client feel good about herself through what I have created- that the dress is beautiful because she is beautiful, and not the other way around." Read more about him and view his collections by visiting his website.

He clearly made his mark into the fashion world as he constantly graces Philippine Fashion Week and designs gowns for celebrities. His Facebook page shows some well-known personalities in Marc Rancy gowns. Not too long ago, he ventured into designing elegant wedding gowns for Pinay brides.

Currently, Marc has two stylish boutiques – one in New York, USA and another here in the Philippines. His local boutique is set on the busy street of Gil Puyat Avenue (Buendia), Makati City. The beautiful gowns displayed in his boutique never failed to catch my attention whenever I pass by his boutique (on my way to work) but I never knew that one day, we would personally go and talk to him in person.

{Marc Rancy Boutique (facade)}

{Marc Rancy Boutique (inside the boutique)}

Despite his success, Marc is undeniably bubbly and down to earth. His gowns are of high quality, chic and elegant. After my wedding gown setback, I knew that I have to entrust my wedding gown to someone like Marc because he would never do something that can jeopardize his status.

I had to say, Marc is easy to talk to. He was able to understand my situation and agreed to create an elegant gown for me. As a matter of fact, I'm done with my fitting and it was great! I (super) love my gown. (I had to fight my urge to post the photos as I still believe in the element of surprises.teehee)

{Marc Rancy paper bag (Marc's really proud of this bag. teehee)}

It’s true that when someone did something bad to you, better things will come your way. Thank you, Marc Rancy! See you soon! :))

{Smile for the (web) camera: Yours truly and Marc Rancy}


X.O.X.O.,

2 comments:

  1. love him too! a Marc Rancy bride will truly be radiant on her special day. I super love my gown! Kung pwede lang isuot ulit :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis! How much normally ang rate ni Marc Rancy? I've been looking for a designer who will make my gown. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails